HP Assistant $ Built in Support for your PCs & Printers
HP Support Assistant helps keep your HP computer in working order by finding updates and providing troubleshooting tools. Most HP computers come with HP Assistant. Click the app icon in the taskbar, or search Windows for support assistant to open the tool.
The HP Support Assistant is a build-in feature in your HP Printers and computers. It helps in the maintenance of your HP device by providing automated support, automatically updating your system, and also fixing minor issues on its own. The new HP desktop and notebook users can easily find the HP assistant pre-installed on their devices.
Notable features of HP Support Assistant
The HP Assistant comes with different features that work as functions. The list of features is as follows:
- My devices : It gives you access to specifications, updates, messages, warranty and services, accessories, diagnostics and tools, and support resources for your HP device.
- Support : This feature allows you to use support resources and contact options.
- All-new design : By using this option you can see everything in a modern, easy-to-use interface.
- Integrated diagnostics : The built-in diagnostic tools give lifelong support for resolving issues easily.
- Automatic fixes : This feature schedules automatic updates of your device for maximum performance.
How to download HP Assistant?
Download and install the full feature software for your printer from the HP website.
- Turn on the printer.
- If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer. The software installation prompts you to connect the cable if needed.
- Go to HP Assistant - Software and Driver Downloads.
- If a Let's identify your product to get started page displays, click Printer, type your printer model number, and then click Submit.
The software results page for your printer displays with the default operating system selected.
- If you need to change the operating system, click Change, select your version, and then click Change.
- Under the Driver heading, click Download.
- During the installation, select the Typical or Recommended type of installation when prompted by the software installer.
Updating the computer using HP Support Assistant
Use HP Assistant to automatically install computer updates, such as updated drivers, system updates, and useful utilities.
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
- Perform any other update management actions as needed.
- Postpone an update: Click Remind me, and then select a time preference.
- Delete an available update: Click the Delete icon to remove the update from the list and record it in the action log.
- Review updates status: Click Action log below the list to view installed, postponed, or deleted updates.
HP Support Assistant for Simplified Solutions
The incredible in-build feature in HP Support Assistant is the latest way to fix major and minor issues with your HP devices giving you the solutions that you need.